Monday, July 31, 2006

School Days, School Days,

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...... I did something today that I thought would not happen for several more years. I signed Will up for pre-school. Since I'm a SAHM (stay at home mom), I thought he would just stay with me until the time came for Pre-K, but I was wrong. He loves being around other kids so much, and he also loves to learn new things. Since we've been home from vacation, he's been bored to death with me. He had so much activity in his life while we were gone, that he can't go back to the laziness that was our world prior to vacation. All he wants me to do all day long is Play. I love playing with him, but I can't get anything productive done around our house. And since he's cut his nap time from about 2 hours every afternoon to less than an hour, I no longer have that time to do things that must be done. Soooo, Will is going to school two days a week this year. I know he'll be happy there. We went by this morning so he could register and see his class. He LOVED it. He immediately started playing. They have inside play time, snack time, music, art, the best playground ever, and even some real learning while he's there, so he should do great. I just hope he doesn't decide he wants to go every day. I mean, we still have to go to the mall one day a week!!

1 comment:

SP said...

Yea for you! What a great idea! I know he'll love it and is so smart he'll probably be reading War and Peace by Christmas.