Sunday, August 27, 2006

Many Big Fish and a Belly Dancer...................................................

Saturday, we decided literally at the last possible minute that we wanted to go to the Aquarium in Atlanta, so I got online and ordered tickets. Will loves Fish and we were bored, so we thought it would be fun. He LOVED seeing all the"fishes". He thought the Beluga Whales were Horses, and of course he was all about the water. We only have a few pictures because the camera was at Joel's office and we didn't have time to stop and get it. Joel took these with his phone, so the quality is a little blah. I had to stand with Will to make him look at the camera. He didn't want to stop looking at the "Fishes"

In this last picture, I look like I'm doing some sort of arabian dance, but really, Joel just snapped the picture Mid-squat.

Now for my honest opinion of the Georgia Aquarium..... On a scale of 1-5, I give it about a 2.8. I believe in the future we will continue the Tennessee Aquarium. At a 5 on my scale, it's a better option because it's about the same distance from our house, it's laid out 100 times better than the one in Atlanta, and it's just over all a better experience.

After we left the Aquarium, we set out looking for a place to eat. We decided to head toward Buckhead because there is so much to do there. We ended up at Cafe Tu Tu Tango. It was interesting to say the least. It's an artsy place and they had all of these artist sitting around painting. There was one guy there making some wire art, & a tarrot card reader-strange to say the least. We then got to see a couple Dance to the tango. But by far and away, Will's favorite (and probably Joel's too) was the Belly Dancer who was performing. The link is to the actual lady we saw. Will would stand up in his seat and say "I dance, I dance" every time she did her dance ( about every 25-30 min & we saw it twice). Also, every time she would dance, he'd throw his shoes on the floor to get her attention, and when she was done, He'd clap like a giddy school boy. I see that in the future, I may have my hand full with him!!

6 comments:

Allie Marie Photography said...

We were at the aquarium on Saturday too!! I wish I could have seen you guys! You have to call us next time you come down!

SP said...

Great post! I bet Will loved it!!! I especially love your Arabian dance. You should try out for the Nutcracker.

Anonymous said...

Lucinda, I finally found Will's blog. I will be checking in frequently.

Anonymous said...

The Georgia Aquarium was cool but I like the Tennessee Aquarium better also.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wish we would have known you were there. I have often thought that we should go back to see the Tenn. Aquarium. I guess our group hasn't been there in about 12 years or so.

Anonymous said...

Great counter for the big Bday!