Wednesday, January 16, 2008

To the Person who makes up all the rules, We need a new Punctuation Mark.................
I know this is Will and Ava's blog, but Something has been on my mind and I thought I'd share it, and after I do, you'll either think I'm stupid or a genius....So, after a great deal of blog reading, it has come to my attention that the English language is badly in need of a new punctuation mark. We have the period who lets us know a statement has been made. Questions have their own punctuation, as do Exclamations. So I think it's high time for Sarcasm to get a little more recognition and have its own mark. When you are reading something it's really hard to know what is sarcasm and what is not, less of course the writer does this little diddy after a comment--(sarcasm:) ) . That's just not working for me anymore! I think it needs it's own mark, the sarcasm mark! Now, who do we tell about this to make it happen? The last time that I'm aware of a new punctuation or abbreviation this drastic making it by the Grammar Police was when the Feminist all banded together in the 70's and got "MS." in as acceptable grammar. So maybe all of us Smart Asses out there should join forces and get a sarcasm mark for all the world to know what we are really thinking!

Should I have shared this or kept it to my self?
hmmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

note to Lucinda:

I'm always being sarcastic, no matter what the punctuation is.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Lucinda!!

-allie