Monday, January 05, 2009

The Mystery of the Unflushable Toilet is Solved


There's a rule around our house that is as follows: When you finish using the toilet, you must flush, close the lid, and then close the bathroom door. It sounds a little harsh and the close the lid and the bathroom door part have taken some work by all of us, but it's become neccessary because of Ava. She is in love with playing in the toilet. Since she started walking, she has found her way to any bathroom with a toilet lid open. Will is four and didn't always remember to flush, but we are drilling that into his head because once to many times, Ava has found the bathroom door and toilet lid open of the toilet that Will didn't flush. This may all seem harmless, but the weekend before Christmas, the Master bathroom toilet began having flushing problems, most notibly, it wouldn't flush with out some major help of a plunger at anytime. By Dec. 23, I'd called that toilet off limits for everyone until we could have someone look at it. After Christmas was over and the parties and madness has ended, we called in Joe the Plumber and by that, I mean Pop. He worked on it for a bit and finally said it had to be removed. So out the door the toilet went and He and Joel hosed it out and used a fancy plumbing snake tool thingy to fish something out of it. we had no idea what it could be and since we've only lived here 3 months, I was a little scared of what might be in there. Finally, after some hard work, the culprit object made it's appearance.








In case you can't tell, that's a Diego Toothbrush. When the toothbrush came out of the toilet everyone was in shock. Will said, "hey, I've been wondering what happened to that toothbrush!" And Ava? Well, Ava started clapping and laughing and saying "yaaaay"! I swear, she knew she put it in there and was so happpy when it came out.




Will then cried because we wouldn't let him keep the tooth brush. Seriously. I promised him I'd buy him a new one, but since he got a total of 3 new toothbrushes for Christmas, It will be a while before we actually do get it.




Of course, Will was a great helper during the whole cleaning of the toilet. He came dressed to impressed in what I call his Football Firefighter Player Uniform.



No comments: