This week is Spring Break for Will and he's been super bored. It got off to a rough start because Friday afternoon, I had to take Will to Urgent Care because his throat was hurting. I looked at his throat and it was really red, & he acted like it was killing him, I didn't want him to have to suffer with strep all weekend so off we went to the Dr....... in the pouring rain. The diagnosis from the Dr., "I really think he's just got allergies and you'll probably need to give him Children's Zyrtec for the next four months". Yeah, I felt like a big huge dork as I walked out of the Doctor's office with no prescription in hand and out several dollars. Peace of Mind really is priceless, right? It was kind of like that time before I blogged when a similar diagnosis was given. It was right after the new Super Target in Acworth had opened and I had driven there for the first time all giddy about going to the Super Target. Will was maybe two, maybe younger. Anyway when I got Will out of the car, I just happened to notice he had a HUGE knot behind his ear. I was scared to death. I put him back in the car, called the Pediatrician and rushed him to his office only to be told it was a mosquito bite. I was subsequently given a tutorial in how long sleeves and bug repellent for outdoor summer play would be necessary for my overly sensitive to mosquitoes child. Thankful that we wouldn't have to spend the week sick, Will bounced right back and declared he was going to have "so much fun this week."
Monday afternnon, he recanted and informed me that "today was the worstest first day of spring break EVER" I would have to agree because it rained most of the day and we were stuck inside watching every episode of Scooby-Doo that was available On Demand.
We woke up Tuesday to beautiful blue skies and decided to go to Alabama to visit J & B, my brother's children, because Will's asked me every day for the past 2 weeks if he could go see them for Spring Break, on a side note, Don't you like the way I capitalize Spring Break. It makes it seem like a real holiday.
Anyway, when we got back home Tuesday afternoon, Joel and Will headed down to the farm for some Fishing. Will has been wanting to go fishing for a month or so, but it hasn't been warm enough on days when Joel could take him. I'm proud to report that Will caught his very first fish On Saint Patrick's Day 2009. Must of been the Luck of the Irish.... but we're not really Irish, I don't think.

Wednesday, we spent the day at home and Will and Ava played in the back yard the whole day. I really do wish I had taken my camera outside with me because they were so funny. Ava had to have her clothes changed three times because every time we came inside the house, I had to change her so the chunks of dirt wouldn't fall off her. She is one messy girl. Will doesn't like to have his hands dirty. Go figure.
Today we had to get out of the house, and for me, out of town. We decided to go to Chattanooga because I love to go to Chattanooga. However, I wanted to do something different from our regular Chattanooga routine. I headed over to ChattanoogaFun.com to see what we could come up with and there it was..... The International Towing and Recovery Hall of Fame and Museum. I knew from the moment I saw it that we just had to go there because Will would love it, so the kids and I loaded up and headed North. I will say it was a long trip because I had to stop at the bank and then I had to stop and get my oil changed. While at the random oil change place we stopped at, Ava learned how to climb through tires. Actually, she enjoyed the whole Tire store/Oil change place thing more than Will. He couldn't get his nose out of my Ipod and one of the 5 episodes of Challenge of the Super Friends that I have loaded on it for him to watch. Finally, we arrived in Chattanooga and at the Tow Truck Museum. I kid you not, at 1:30 this afternoon, we were the 4th, 5th, & 6th visitors of the day. Honestly, I'm surprised that there were 3 other people out there interested in the tow truck industry. However, Mr. I love anything with Wheels was in pure Heaven. We walked through the museum twice because as Will later described, "it was teeny." I have to admit, it was fun. There were lots of tow trucks ( duh) but there was also 4 walls of toy tow trucks that ONE guy had collected and had loaned to the museum. Will oohed and aaahed over them like he'd never seen a toy tow truck before. It was priceless and in my usual fashion, the camera was no where to be found. Why do I always forget to take my camera with me when we go to really cool places? So this place is also a hall of fame, hence the name "hall of fame and museum" As you exit the actual museum you have to walk down not one, but two hallways that have pictures covering every inch of wall space of the Hall of Fame inductees since the 1980's. An "out of the mouth of babes" moment occured when Will looked up at me and said, " Mom, this is kind of creepy"......Obviously, that Scooby-Doo is at least good for his vocabulary.
When we left there, we intended to go the the park/zoo. Apparently, there's a zoo in a park in Chattanooga, but I can never find it and not for lack of trying. I even wrote down detailed directions leaving from the tow truck museum (and hall of fame) and still couldn't find it. So, we ended up at the aquarium.... again. Will wanted to see a shark and an alligator and that was about it. Everything else there was of little interest to him and we breezed right through. It was kind of like that time we went to the Atlanta Zoo just to see "Gorrillos" I didn't take my camera that day either. Ava LOVED it and she thought she was big stuff because I parked the stroller and let her walk the whole time. It's been nearly 2 yrs since we've been to the aquarium and Will is now old enough to pay... Bummer.
So now, we're back home and that was our week so far. Sure, I could have waited and included the rest of the week in this post, but I just had to write about Will using the word "Creepy" in context today. Because honestly, that has been the highlight of the week for me.
3 comments:
I love it. Sounds like a fun-filled Spring Break so far. And I definitely agree that Spring Break should be capatalized...we take whatever holidays we can get, right?
Lucinda I love your blog! You're so funny. I wish everyone would do this so we can keep up. I love hearing about the kids and your daily life. I should try to do it too...We'll see. You must give us more!! :-)
I think it is time for an update...
Post a Comment