Sunday, January 10, 2010

It happens once every 2 or 8 years.....

This week, it snowed AND that snow stuck to the ground. The last time it snowed, Ava was maybe 4 months old and that snow was melted within a few hours. Will does not even remember seeing it. So the big news is that is did in fact snow and it's been so cold that I can't feel my toes. Will wanted to know How it snowed here because he was under the impression snow only fell in Kentucky because he's only ever seen snow while we were in Kentucky at a Shorter Hawks game last year. Will loved the snow and played out as much as he could stand. I have some videos, but I need to edit a few things in them before they get posted, which means, don't get your hopes up because in all likelihood, I'll forget to post them. The low light of the day was his trying to make a snow angel. Sadly, there was less than a centimeter of snow on the ground and instead it was more of a mud angel,. It was a disaster!!! I had to strip Will down on the back doorsteps because I didn't want all that mud in the house. Later that night, we went to celebrate Paw Paw Gib's 80th birthday. While there, Will took part in an awesome Snow ball fight with his cousins. He was so excited, and I had to beg and plead with him to please stop for 2 seconds and smile so we could make a memory.
Ava had other opinions of the snow. She hates it. She truly is my child! Ava saw the snow falling and just seemed a little confused, but as soon as things started turning white, she started crying, and not just any cry either. It was the very seldom heard tears from fear cry that happens when she sees Santa Clause. It started snowing shortly after 1 pm and Ava would not even let us put her feet on the ground until around 5:30. She kept telling us that she couldn't walk on it and she would not touch it, in fact, I have no idea how I managed to get this picture of her smiling. She didn't run around like all of the other kids. She either had to be held, or she stood in this same spot. It's Sunday night and most of the snow has melted (!!!!), Will wants it to snow again, but I'm ready for summer.

No comments: