Friday, August 13, 2010

August 2010 Facebook Comments to Remember


1st day back in school for Will.... 1st day he's been a full day student and stayed past noon and all I can say is, "WOW, a school day is really long !!" And even though they fight like cats and dogs, Ava has been asking for the past 2 1/2 hours if we could go pick up Will. Aug. 12, 2010

Dora the Explorer: " What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Ava, with her hand raised, answered, " Princess" Aug 10, 2010

Ava is in her room singing happy birthday to herself..... FYI, her b'day is in 17 days. I think she's getting a little excited about it. Aug 10, 2010

The last week of summer= boo & yay! I'm sad to have to resume our normally scheduled lives, but I'm glad the kids will get to be entertained by their friends everyday. They've been bored with me since mid-June. Aug 9, 2010

I believe Ava has a promising future as the captain of the debate team:/
August 6 at 8:52pm via Facebook for iPhone

Will just used the word "lame" in context. I can't even begin to express how proud that makes me :)
August 5 at 6:34pm via Facebook for iphone

Just when you think you have all the scissors out of reach, Ava finds a little pair of Orange ones that I've never even seen and cuts her hair. NO MORE SCISSORS in this house.... EVER!!!
August 4 at 9:45pm Friends Only · Comment · Like
most of the damage is confined to the front. Fortunately, I had her bangs pulled back and if her hair is down, they will cover it, but I think we are done with pony tails this summer, unless I get out a curling Iron and curly-q it every tim...e I put it up. It could have been MUCH worse. Thankfully, she was so proud of herself and came to show me her skills before it got any worse, and this time, I'm not touching it. The other time she cut it, I tried to fix it and it didn't go well and resulted in us sitting in the super cuts parking lot @ 8:45 b/c it was the only "salon" that was 1. open on a Monday, 2. and open before 10 am. Pre-school started at 9:30 and we managed to only be about 10 min late that day.
#
Jennie Givens Holcombe: I can't believe it,,,,Well, yes I can!! That's our Ava! I just hope she cut it right handed. I don't want her to be a lefty.
August 4 at 10:17pm · LikeUnlike ·
#
Lucinda Robinson Holcombe: she says she used both hands.
Check out those AWESOME kids playing in that fountain!! I just wish they had chosen a picture with them all Looking!

http://www.romenews-tribune.com/view/full_story/8991327/article-Romans-try-to-stay-cool-during-heatwave-?instance=home_news_lead_story

‎"if I didn't have a mom who was so "over protected" I could get that hatchet I've been wanting"- Will Holcombe
August 2 at 11:28pm Friends Only · Comment · LikeUnlike · View Feedback (11)Hide Feedback (11)

*
*
Amber Denson Howard, Kristy Robinson Bonner and 2 others like this.
*
o
Amy Gandy Haha! How funny! You go Mom!
August 3 at 12:22am · LikeUnlike ·
o
Linda Patterson Simmons Your kids say the funniest things!!! LOL Tell Will when I was not much older than him, I chopped off my left index finger with a hatchet, and they had to sew it back on! No joke!
August 3 at 1:23am · LikeUnlike ·
o
Linda Myers Griffin Have Will ask Uncle Hungry about loosing his "toting chip" because of a hatchet!
August 3 at 7:21am · LikeUnlike ·
o
Penny Luther Holder You'd better start sleeping with one eye open!
August 3 at 5:13pm · LikeUnlike ·
o
Kim Crosslin what the heck!!!
August 3 at 10:27pm · LikeUnlike ·
o
Lucinda Robinson Holcombe He saw one in a store Sunday afternoon and ask/begged for it. Joel was actually contemplating it when I said, NO WAY, that's a great way for somebody to loose an appendage. The first questions was, "a what?." So I said, FINGER, hand, foot, head! I told Will he was way to young to get one b/c it was just a bad accident waiting to happen and then Will looked at Joel and made that fabulous comment. Got to Love him!
August 4 at 10:38am · LikeUnlike ·
o
Linda Patterson Simmons Oh my! I'm so glad you were with them when he wanted to buy it. He might have just walked in the back door swinging it and smiling! Yikes!
August 4 at 3:21pm ·

loves that Ava comes up with her animal/baby doll names all by herself. But I find it a little disturbing that she gives all of her stuffed pets sweet names like Sally, Pooh, Kettle, and Owl, and then named her real fish, Goober Head.
August 2 at 11:01am Friends Only · Comment · Like

Last Friday, Will got his first fish & by Saturday morn. it had died. Sat. afternoon, He got 2 new fish (1 was Ava's). Tuesday, one or both of those fish gave birth, hatched its eggs, or what ever it is that fish do and now, NOW, we have 2 big fish and 23 itty bitty baby fish in one very little tank. YIKES!
July 29 at 11:08am Friends Only ·

Movie night with Will. Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory followed by Karate Kid I. For me, it's kind of like being in 1st grade all over again
July 28 at 11:01pm Friends Only · Comment · Like

No comments: