Saturday, September 22, 2007

Better a week Late than Never....


HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL! First, I can't believe Will is three. Why is it when you are a kid, time goes by sooooo slooow? For kids, the days are long and it takes forever for your birthday and Christmas to roll around. Then one day, you become an adult and time flies! I mean it flies fast too. It's sad when you can remember buying someone a Christmas present 2 years ago as if it were just yesterday. Ok, so maybe I also have a chromagnum memory, but still, time is flying. All that being said, the birth of Ava made me remember when Will was born. I literally felt as if I'd been in the hospital only a few weeks earlier at the most. Going to the doctor was kind of a "been here, done that recently" feeling, not a " Wow, it's been 3 years since I've been here" feeling. I just do not know what happened to the last 3 years. Will has learned more in the past year than I can even remember. I had no idea when I put him in Pre-school last year that they'd teach him the Pledge of Allegiance, although I will say, it's impressive when your 2 yr old can say it. Now he's three going on high school graduate and I tend to get a little depressed when I think of how fast the time has gone by and will continue to go...... Ok, so enough of the prozac moment. On to the good stuff!


We had Will's Birthday Party at Sparkles on the 15th. It was supposed to be a Bob The Builder Party, but when we went to the Party store and Will saw the limited supply of John Deere party supplies, we had to make a quick change.


Here's the cake (s)

First is the cake that was eaten. It had a John Deere Truck, trailer, and 2 horses on it, as well as a John Deere logo thing. Mostly, WIll just wanted a lot of green icing.




Since Will had been sick the week of the party, I didn't want him blowing on the cake. I found this cake at Kroger and it only had white icing with green around the edges. I went to Michaels, bought some green icing, and then got one of Will's tractors and some Brown Sugar for dirt and created this. I'd like to say that I came up with the idea myself, but I confess, I totally stole it off of Will's friend Walker's cake from the week before. But I've said it before, I'm not creative, so sue me!

I started writing this post a week ago! So, I'm posting it as is w/ nothing else added on Sept 28!!

No comments: