Monday, November 24, 2008

October 2008

October was pretty Uneventful for us, well except for the fact that we Moved! It may come as a shock to some, but we decided back in the Spring that we really would like to live in town and also that we wished we has a bigger yard for the kids to play in. After some prayerful consideration, we listed our house in July and in September some people who were moving in from out of state came along and bought it. We are now living in town and we have a HUGE fenced in back yard and Will says our new house is "the best house in the whole wide whirl'd" He has lots of room to ride his bike, and he and Ava can play in the back yard without me worrying about them falling off the cliff that was formerly was known as our backyard. Oh and did I mention that it's so stinking convenient to live in town?

In other October news.... Will had a Fun Run at school.... What's a Fun Run? Well, each child got people to sponser them at a certain dollar amount per lap and boy am I glad I didn't pledge too much. Will has got Wheels for legs and ran all 40 laps without taking much of a break. I did manage to get him to stop very briefly on 2 occasions to get a little water in him, and they gave them a walk lap that Will still preferred to run. In the end, he had run 40 + laps, but they quit counting at 40. I really have no idea how many he actually ran. He told me it was a lot of fun and much to my surprise, did not require a nap that afternoon. I personally was exhausted from just watching the running.
Will thought he was running in a race and chose the method of "Running solo" as opposed to the girls methods of "holding hands and blocking the lane"


At the end of October, Will had his first field trip of the year to Cagles Dairy Farm . Will got to feed some cows, take a hayride, and learn how cows are milked and how the milk is bottled. He was especially interested in the bottling process and so was I. I was listening so well to the lady give the demostration of how they fill the bottles that I forgot to take a picture of that part.On the Hayride, Will's Eddie Munster hair returned. It must be something about this time of year.

No comments: